We have heard it with our ears, O God; our ancestors have told us what you did in their days, in days long ago. Psalm 44:1

Sunday, April 13, 2014

He is Risen - Easter 2014



Easter this year was a beautiful morning for a sunrise service. We gathered as a church on our church property. The men had cleaned up the land and spread wood chips on a clearing for the service and a wooden cross was set up.

We sang accompanied with just guitars and the sound was beautiful in the still, crisp morning air. Several things also made it a really special time. We sang We are Standing On Holy Ground while gathered on our church property.....it gave me chills to think of all the things God wants to do on that ground.  Also, now and then the sun would break through the clouds and shine on our faces like a thank you from the Lord, especially when we sang In Christ Alone:

There in the ground His body lay,

Light of the world by darkness slain:

Then bursting forth in glorious day

Up from the grave He rose again!

And as He stands in victory

Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,

For I am His and He is mine
-
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,

This is the power of Christ in me;

From life's first cry to final breath,

Jesus commands my destiny.

No power of hell, no scheme of man,

Can ever pluck me from His hand:

Till He returns or calls me home,

Here in the power of Christ I'll stand. ~Stuart Townend

Pastor Charles preached a sunrise message about the resurrection morning from John 20. Jesus head covering, possibly his own prayer shawl, folded and set there in the tomb as a sign to his followers that His work was finished.



Then we all joined together at Vista Grande Community Center for breakfast together and Easter worship service. We had a joyful worship time led by Karen and the worship team, starting off with an exciting time singing He's Alive. Charles preached out of Philippians 2, reminding us that as a servant Jesus gave His life. And we also serve for His good pleasure.
There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand:
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
- See more at: http://www.stuarttownend.co.uk/song/in-christ-alone/#sthash.4pkFXKC4.dpuf
There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand:
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
- See more at: http://www.stuarttownend.co.uk/song/in-christ-alone/#sthash.4pkFXKC4.dpuf
There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand:
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
- See more at: http://www.stuarttownend.co.uk/song/in-christ-alone/#sthash.4pkFXKC4.dpuf
There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand:
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
- See more at: http://www.stuarttownend.co.uk/song/in-christ-alone/#sthash.4pkFXKC4.dp

No comments: